Monday, 5 October 2009

Project Planning/Research

Over the last 2 weeks I have been planning and thinking about what I could do for a project. By researching other digital projects, reading past project reports and recapping on previous years assignments, I have drawn up two ideas.

The first idea is to use effective analystic methods, including usability and acessibility tests to analyse a popular website or application. BBC iPlayer was one of the first ideas that I thought of, because of its popularity and growth within the last year. The idea of this project would be to analyse the current system and use the results that I had obtained to propose possible improvements (and addons) to the current system. I have been interested HCI and usability testing since studying it in the second year, and would like to persue this path in my career, therefore this project would be enjoyable as well as relevative to complete.

The second idea is to make a online rugby portal (like myUWE) for users to obtain quick information on results, fixtures, photos etc from the world of rugby. Using information provided by the user (eg. current location), relative information would be provided for local teams etc. This idea would require me to gain a quick inderstanding of backend coding such as PHP and mySQL, something that I currently lack.

Within the next week I am planning to complete more research on the ideas I have thought of, thinking about where I could take each project and what I would need to complete each (ie. resources etc). From this further research I am hoping to have narrowed my ideas down to a final idea, which I can draft up a project proposal for by Friday 9th October.

No comments:

Post a Comment