Tuesday, 27 October 2009

Market Research, Competitior Analysis and BUCS

This week has seen the first 'hands on' tasks taken place for the Digital Media Project. The first task I completed was a competitor analysis, assessing similar websites that could attract the same sort of users that the university rugby portal will be aimed at. A few examples included 'RuckU', 'BBC Sport' and the official 'BUCS (British University & College Sports) websites. Before conducting the analysis, I did some more background research on some frameworks and approaches to the task, which I read a stored within my project folder for later reference.

I also planned out different methods of market research, that I will be conducting next week when deciding on what users to use for my interviewing. These methods included surveys, focus groups, personal interviews, observation and field trials.

Lastly, I did some background reading on the BUCS website, looking at their terms and conditions around using the data that is stored on their website. I also emailed a member of their staff (which I haven't received a reply from yet) to see their policies on reusing the data on their website. This is vital as if the use of their data is disapproved, I will have to start thinking of alternative methods to use data for the university rugby portal.

No comments:

Post a Comment