Monday, 21 December 2009

Poster Presentation, Christmas & The Next Steps

Since the poster presentation, where the first prototype of the proposed university rugby portal was displayed, I have completed the Progress Report and submitted it to my tutor. Within the report, I briefly discussed how the project has been going, and outlined what I will/will not be completing within the remainder of the project. The main 'out of scope' task is the actual development of the rugby portal. As outlined in the initial project proposal, my project is based around goal-directed design, using in-depth user observations to design for the needs of the users. At the end of the project I will have compiled a design proposal, with supplementing documentation that could be passed onto a development team in order to make the portal a fully functioning system.

Over Christmas, apart from a few days break around Christmas/New Year's Day, I will be continuing with the project, moving into the 'Design' stage. By moving out of the 'Planning/Research' and 'Modelling' stage, I have obtained a good amount of valuable information about the users, now it is time to use this and incorporate it into the design of the system.

No comments:

Post a Comment